Lakeshore Athletic Services provides a wide variety of services to events of all sizes throughout the United States. We offer a la carte services and strive to provide custom catered solutions to events depending on your needs. Whether you are a major organization operating large events in 20 states or a first time 5K fundraiser we can step up where you need the help and bring our expertise and professionalism to ensure a successful event.
Lakeshore Athletic Services has been providing traffic equipment and traffic control services to events ranging from major marathons in metropolitan areas to small town road races for over 40 years. We understand the need for quick deployment and removal of traffic equipment that is specific to the special events industry.
- Traffic services include closing and opening roads, coning off traffic lanes, and working alongside local agencies to ensure safe and smooth road closures and openings.
- Lakeshore Athletic Services owns a large inventory of traffic control devices including, but not limited to, cones, traffic barricades, customizable digital message boards, sign holders, and standard traffic signs.
- Lakeshore Athletic Services owns a fleet of specialized vehicles and trailers to aid in the placement of traffic control equipment.
Lakeshore Athletic Services has been managing mass participation sporting events for over 40 years. We offer varied levels of management services depending on the needs of your event.
- LAS can completely manage your event from permitting and registration to vendor and site management. Some events we manage include the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in Chicago and the Robert H. Lurie Cancer Survivors’ Celebration Walk & 5k.
- Convention Run Management
- We organize and manage small running events held in association with conventions that take place in the City of Chicago.
- We handle everything from permit application to finish line food procurement.
- Registration Management – Lakeshore Athletic Services provides full service registration management for all track and field events we time through. We can also provide guidance and setup of registration for road races and multisport events.
Lakeshore Athletic Services provides course services to running and multisport events throughout the US. We offer everything from aid station placement to clock placement and can provide guidance on course services depending on the scale of your event. We typically require USATF certification maps for larger events to ensure course materials are staged at the correct location. If you have course needs that are not listed below, please reach out and we can discuss additional options.
- Runner Direction – We can mark your course with a variety of signage and traffic control devices to ensure participants stay safely on course and have a clear direction of where they are going.
- Aid Station Logistics – We can deliver and pick up all aid station materials to their proper location on course. We can also provide guidance on aid station placement, materials, and staging. We will often place tents along the course at critical locations for medical services.
- Mile and Kilometer Markers – We own a wide assortment of mile and kilometer markers along with a multitude of sign holders and can place markers at every kilometer or mile along your course. We can also place custom branded mile markers along the course when provided.
- Sponsor Activations – Often times sponsors want custom activations along the course to enhance their presence at the event. We can place and setup custom truss, tents, tables, chairs, etc. at sponsor activations along the course.
Warehousing and Logistics Services
Lakeshore Athletic Services has facilities, staff, and fleets in the Chicagoland area, the Phoenix area, and the Tampa Bay area. We understand not all events have the budget or need for dedicated warehouse space, but still need to accept delivery and storage of supply pallets, equipment, custom signage, etc… We also operate a large fleet of vehicles and trailers that are tailored to working at event sites and we do not rely on rental trucks to get the job done. Please feel free to reach out if have a need for logistics services as we are flexible and provide custom warehousing and logistics services to events of all sizes.
- We can accept deliveries and provide storage and transportation of your equipment and supplies to the race site.
- If you are a large client operating events in multiple parts of the country, we can aid in transporting equipment from event site to event site.
In additional to providing generic event signage, we assist organizers with the design, production, and placement of unique signage for the event site and course. Please feel free to reach out if you need dimensions for branding of any of our equipment or need guidance on signage type.
Lakeshore Athletic Services offers full services registration management and setup for all track and field events we time through the athletic.net platform. We also provide guidance, setup, and registration management for road races and multisport events. We have experience working with all the major registration processing platforms and allow you to work with the platform of your choice.