Race Timing and Scoring Assistant
The Race Timing and Scoring Associate will assist with our race timing operation. Responsibilities include timing events using UHF RFID Chronotrack timing equipment; scoring events using the Runscore scoring software; timing track and field events using the Finish Lynx photo finish timing system; and scoring track and field events using the Active Hytek scoring software. Due to the nature of our industry, this position requires weekend work at athletic events located throughout the Chicagoland and surrounding areas.
Lakeshore Athletic Services provides race management, logistics, and professional timing services to road races, track and field, and triathlon events throughout the country. Lakeshore Athletic Services has 40 years of experience in the Athletic Event Industry. LAS is headquartered in Morton Grove, IL and maintains office/warehouse space in Palmetto, FL and Phoenix, AZ.
- Set up of race files prior to events.
- Set up of computers and computer networks on race day.
- Determine appropriate equipment needs for events.
- Assist with timing and scoring of events.
- Assist with resolving timing issues following each event.
- Maintain open dialog with contracted timing events.
- MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND CLEAN DRIVING RECORD
- Race timing/scoring experience is a plus but not necessary
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment
- Must be highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Proficiency in computer networking, Microsoft Excel and data entry is a plus
- Ability to travel and work weekends and select holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience or familiarity with running events would be beneficial.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com