The Event Production Manager is responsible for the coordination and production of event operations and logistics for a wide variety of athletic and endurance sports events. The Event Production Manager will have the opportunity to service existing events in the Chicagoland area and nationwide, including Ironman triathlon events. The ability to travel to and from road race and athletic events is a job requirement. A successful candidate must understand the endurance sports event industry and effectively manage and market LAS services as well as the logistics of warehousing and equipment shipping. This is an in-person full-time position based out of our Morton Grove Illinois headquarters administrative offices and warehouse.
Candidates entering the special event industry will be considered.
Lakeshore Athletic Services provides race management, logistics, and professional timing services to road races, track and field, and triathlon events throughout the country. Lakeshore Athletic Services has 40 years of experience in the Athletic Event Industry. LAS is headquartered in Morton Grove, IL and maintains office/warehouse space in Palmetto, FL and Mesa, AZ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day relationship with event clients
- Work with director of finance to create event proposals
- Communicate and follow up with clients as needed
- Create and distribute load list to the warehouse staff
- Create and distribute event plan to all event staff
- Lead the LAS team onsite and communicate with clients in a professional manner
- Conclude with any necessary post-event follow ups
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment that requires physical work in outdoor conditions and early morning start times
- Flexibility and positive reaction to event related challenges
- Understanding of basic business principles as it relates to the special event industry
- Maturity to lead and manage event crew at both onsite event locations and designated travel destinations
- Ability to drive small trucks and operate a fork lift
- Ability to work in a small company environment
- Experience in sales and/or dealing directly with clients to maintain successful relationships
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products along with basic computer skills
- 2-3 years of event experience is a plus and Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Competitive salary is based on event industry experience starting at $55,000 a year.
- LAS offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental, vision and a matching SIMPLE IRA Retirement program.
Job Type: Full-time, in person based out of our Morton Grove headquarters
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com